I was expecting Coeburn to make a better showing, but it didn't happen that way.
Castlewood looked good, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "what is Twin Valley going to do to them Friday."
Devils came out really cold. Coeburn couldn't miss. 23-11 at the end of the first period.
Castlewood started pressing in the second quarter and Coeburn just couldn't handle it. Cwood started hitting their shots and Coeburn stopped. 30-29 Coeburn at the half.
Third quarter was more of the same for both teams. Cwood was hot and Coeburn was just plain cold. 46-38 at the end of 3.
Fourth was just garbage time for the most part. Justice had a baseline one handed dunk about midway through the quarter. Smith hit two big treys to pretty much finish off the Blue Knights. Cwood cleared the bench with about 3 to play. 64-45 final score.
Scoring for Castlewood:
Justice 21 pt, 5 reb, 4 stl
McReynolds 12 pt, 8 reb, 2 stl, 1 asst
Smith 10 pt, 1 reb
D. Carter 10 pt, 8 reb, 2 asst, 2 stl
Fisher 6 pt, 4 asst, 1 reb
T. Carter 5 pt, 1 reb, 1 asst, 1 stl
#44 2 pt, 1 reb, 1 stl
#10 1 reb, 1 stl
Have one extra point there somewhere.
Cwood was 14-20 from the line, with 14 total fouls
Scoring for Coeburn:
Pate 13 pt, 3 asst, 3 reb
Lawson 12 pt, 9 reb, 1 asst
Adkins 7 pt, 2 reb, 2 asst
Lewis 4 pt, 3 asst, 1 reb
Hollyfield 2 pt, 8 reb
#20 2 pt, 2 reb, 1 block
#15 3 pt, 1 reb, 1 stl
#21 1 reb
#34 2 reb, 1 asst
#30 1 reb
#10 1 reb
Missing two points somewhere.
Coeburn was 7-11 from the line. 19 team fouls.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I was expecting Coeburn to make a better showing, but it didn't happen that way.
Castlewood looked good, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "what is Twin Valley going to do to them Friday."
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Castlewood has trouble defending the low post. Pate and Lawson took advantage of that early.
If Cwood comes out hitting their shots, they can stick with anyone.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
In the games I've seen, Twin Valley plays a much faster-paced, aggressive game than Castlewood. I think Castlewood is better at shooting outside the arc.
I'm not sure anyone can counter Baldwin on the inside. It is nearly impossible to get a rebound away from him.
[ QUOTE ]
Castlewood has trouble defending the low post. Pate and Lawson took advantage of that early.
If Cwood comes out hitting their shots, they can stick with anyone.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
If Cwood gets some of the calls they got tonight, they'll be fine.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Vandyke,Goodman,Shortridge, and Lester can all drain 3's..
So It should be a good game.. I see TV winning by 8.
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."
Play Like a Champion Today
[img]http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Michael_Jordan.jpg[/img]
I don't think it will be that close.
TV's best challenge will probably come from Gate City.
[ QUOTE ]
Vandyke,Goodman,Shortridge, and Lester can all drain 3's.. So It should be a good game.. I see TV winning by 8.
[/ QUOTE ]
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Bookmarks